15 Mar 2015

Yamaha XS650 US Custom 1980

I was thinking about the bikes we could use. A Yamaha SR500, an XT500 or a XS650 had always been on my short list but in the Netherlands they are they are crazy expensive compared to other second hand Japanese bikes so I always tried to look for cheaper options. That's how I found my Suzuki GR650 five years ago.

But I was very lucky last week. I found a not to expensive great looking XS650 US Custom from 1980 with only 20.000 km's!

I called my brother that I wanted to take a look and some hours later we bought the bike and Martin transported it to Eindhoven the same night in his van .. Whoops! Hhaha :)))

So now Martin has these two bike's in his workshop.
Here are some pictures of the new XS together with the GR650.

They could be brothers of different mothers.
They are both Japanese 650 cc twin in line engines with an 80's "chopper" look in stock form.
19" front wheels, 16" in the rear, same tyres sizes

The XS650 has the better looks. The GR is 35kilo's lighter, has a just a little more torque, a mono shock and wire wheels.






No comments: