16 Aug 2011

project BMW R80 Jelly Flash

My best friend Jelly Flash sold his Suzuki TL1000 and bought a 1986 R80
I guess he's bitten by the classic bike bug, ha
He came to my studio to show the bike.

We decided to follow the Amstel river to ride to Gouda. Great 1 and a half hour ride!
We switched bikes along the way and this was the first time for me riding a Beemer with a boxer engine. Great machine. Like riding a very agile floating carpet.
It feels much lighter than you would expect from a 230+ kg bike.

He's got some wild plans with this Beemer. Updates will follow soon.
I rode the same route back via Meije. One of the most beautiful roads I know in the Netherlands

In Meije I ate some tasty Saté with frech fries at de Halve Maan. Not bad, not bad at all..!


some minutes later Kay called me..







2 comments:

Menze said...

Great bike, will you keep us posted on his progress? I've got a R100 myself and I'm very curious what he's gonna do with this R80. Cheers

Bubble Visor said...

will do that for sure Menze!